When building a reliable storage solution for your home or small business, you need the right components to get the job done.
A quality Network Attached Storage (NAS) motherboard, from hard drives to software, is essential. In this article, well look at the best NAS motherboards on the market and provide a guide to help you make the right choice for your needs.
- 7 Best NAS motherboards
- 1. GIGABYTE GAA320M S2H Motherboard
- 2. ASUS Prime B450M Motherboard
- 3. MSI Z390A Pro Motherboard
- 4. GIGABYTE B365M DS3H Motherboard
- 5. ASUS PRIME A320MK Motherboard
- 6. MSI ProSeries A320 Motherboard
- 7. GIGABYTEB450M DS3H V2 Motherboard
- 6 Things to Consider before buying the Best NAS motherboards
At a Glance:
7 Best NAS motherboards
1. GIGABYTE GAA320M S2H MotherboardBest Pick
The GIGABYTE GAA320MS2H Motherboard is an excellent choice for anyone looking for the best NAS motherboard.
It features an AMD Ryzen AM4 socket, MicroATX form factor, two DDR4 slots for up to 64GB of RAM, HDMI video ports, Realtek ALC887 audio codec, three PCIe slots, USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, and Gigabit LAN.
The GIGABYTE GAA320MS2H is well-suited for NAS applications due to its robust features and compatibility with various components.
The AMD Ryzen AM4 socket supports a variety of Ryzen processors, allowing users to choose a model that fits their needs.
Its two DDR4 slots provide up to 64GB of RAM, while its three PCIe slots offer plenty of expandability for additional drives and devices.
The GIGABYTE GAA320MS2H also provides great support for multimedia by featuring an HDMI port for multiple display connections and a Realtek ALC887 audio codec for high-quality sound.
Its Gigabit LAN port makes connecting other computers on the same network easy, and its USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports are perfect for connecting external storage devices.
The GIGABYTE GAA320MS2H is an excellent choice for anyone looking for the best NAS motherboards. It offers a wide range of features ideal for NAS applications, including an AMD Ryzen AM4 socket, two DDR4 slots, three PCIe slots, HDMI video ports, Realtek ALC887 audio codec, Gigabit LAN, and USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports.
With its robust feature set and compatibility with various components, the GIGABYTE GAA320MS2H is a great choice for those looking for an excellent NAS motherboard.
- Supports the latest Ryzen 3000 series CPUs
- Supports up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM
- HDMI and DVI ports for multimedia
- Three PCIe slots for expansion
- USB3.1 Gen 1 port for fast connectivity
- Durable construction with solid capacitors
- No support for M.2 SSDs
- No built-in WiFi or Bluetooth
- No overclocking support
- No RGB lighting
2. ASUS Prime B450M Motherboard
The ASUS Prime B450MA II AMD AM4 (Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen Ryzen Micro ATX Motherboard) is one of the best NAS motherboards on the market.
It provides up to 128GB DDR4, 4400 O.C. RAM, NVMe, HDMI 2.0b/DVI/DSub, USB 3.2 Gen 2, BIOS Flashback, and Aura Sync features.
This motherboard is ideal for building a powerful and reliable NAS. It is compatible with the latest AMD Ryzen 5000 series processors and 3rd, 2nd, and 1st Gen Ryzen series processors.
With support for up to 128GB DDR4 RAM, you will have plenty of capacity to handle multiple applications and tasks. The 4400 MHz overclock speed also helps ensure a smooth, powerful performance.
NAS storage is one of the most important considerations when building a NAS. The ASUS Prime B450MA II has NVMe, a storage protocol that provides fast, reliable data transfer.
It also supports HDMI 2.0b/DVI/DSub, USB 3.2 Gen 2, and other ports for connecting external storage devices.
Furthermore, the ASUS Prime B450MA II also comes with BIOS Flashback and Aura Sync. BIOS Flashback allows you to update the motherboard’s firmware with a button.
This ensures that your system is always running at its best. On the other hand, Aura Sync allows you to customize your system to match your style.
The ASUS Prime B450MA II is a fantastic choice for building a reliable and powerful NAS. With its support for the latest AMD Ryzen 5000 series processors, up to 128GB DDR4 RAM, and 4400 MHz overclock, as well as its NVMe, USB 3.2 Gen 2, and HDMI 2.0b/DVI/DSub ports, it is an ideal choice for those who need a powerful and reliable NAS.
With its BIOS Flashback and Aura Sync features, you can ensure you always have the latest firmware and customize your system to match your needs.
- Supports up to 128GB DDR4 RAM, running at 4400MHz.
- Features an NVMe M.2 slot, allowing for faster data transfers.
- Includes HDMI 2.0b/DVI/DSub video outputs for connecting multiple displays.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports provide faster data transfer speeds.
- No Thunderbolt 3 ports are available.
- Limited expandability compared to other motherboards.
- We have limited cooling and power delivery options.
3. MSI Z390A Pro MotherboardStaff Pick
The MSI Z390A PRO Motherboard is designed to give you the best of both world great performance and excellent build quality.
It is equipped with all the latest features and technologies you need, such as an Intel 8th and 9th Gen processor, M.2 USB 3.1 Gen 2, DDR4 RAM, HDMI, DisplayPort, CFX Dual Gigabit LAN, and ATX Z390 Gaming Motherboard.
This motherboard is ideal for building a powerful gaming and NAS system. Its robust design will keep your system running at peak performance.
You can easily expand your system’s memory capacity with dual-channel memory support. And, with its multiple display outputs, you can enjoy an immersive gaming experience with up to three displays.
The MSI Z390A PRO Motherboard also offers many features ideal for NAS building. With its multiple expansion slots, you can easily add storage devices or upgrade your system’s hardware. Plus, its SATA ports provide you with quick access to your storage devices.
The MSI Z390A PRO Motherboard also features an integrated gigabit LAN port that allows you to connect your NAS system to your home network.
This will allow you to quickly access your files, stream media, and share data with other users. Moreover, this motherboard also supports the latest WiFi technologies, allowing you to use faster internet speeds.
The MSI Z390A PRO Motherboard is an excellent choice for those looking for the best NAS motherboards.
With its top-notch performance, reliable build quality, and plenty of features, this motherboard is designed to provide a powerful and reliable platform for your NAS system.
And, with its great value for money, you won’t have to break the bank to get the most out of your NAS system.
- Comes with dual M.2 slots for faster storage.
- Features USB 3.1 Gen 2 support with up to 10Gbps data transfer speeds.
- Supports up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM for more efficient multitasking.
- Includes two Gigabit LAN ports for faster networking.
- Supports HDMI and DisplayPort for high-resolution video output.
- Does not come with integrated graphics.
- Does not support SLI or CrossFireX configurations.
- The price may be too high for some users.
4. GIGABYTE B365M DS3H Motherboard
GIGABYTE B365M DS3H Motherboard is one of the best NAS motherboards available. It is designed for Intel and LGA1151 processors and can support up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM. This motherboard is an excellent choice for your server and NAS needs.
The GIGABYTE B365M DS3H is a Micro ATX motherboard that comes with an extensive array of features. It comes with USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB3.0) Type A and Dual DDR4 slots that can support up to 32GB of RAM each, plus an array of other features.
The onboard graphics solution is also impressive, allowing you to connect up to three monitors.
The GIGABYTE B365M DS3H also includes several other connectivity options. It has four SATA 6Gbps ports, four USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, two M.2 slots for connecting PCIebased solid-state storage devices, and two PCI Express 3.0 slots.
It also has several other features, including support for Intel Optane memory, Intel Rapid Storage Technology, and Intel Smart Connect Technology.
When it comes to cooling, the GIGABYTE B365M DS3H has a variety of options. It has four fan headers, two for liquid and two for air cooling.
The motherboard also has two M.2 slots connecting to PCIe-based solid-state storage devices. This makes it a great choice for NAS configurations.
The GIGABYTE B365M DS3H is an excellent choice for a reliable NAS motherboard. It has all the features you need, plus several extra features, making it one of the best NAS motherboards available today. The motherboard is also relatively affordable, coming in at around $100.
For those looking for a reliable, high-quality NAS motherboard, the GIGABYTE B365M DS3H is worth considering.
It is a reliable, feature-rich motherboard with all the features you need for your NAS setup. Its easy installation and low price make it a great choice for those on a budget.
- Supports the latest Intel Core processors
- Dual-channel DDR4 memory support
- Ultrafast USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A connection
- Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- It does not support the external graphics card
- No support for multiple M.2 drives
- No WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity
5. ASUS PRIME A320MK MotherboardBudget Pick
The ASUS Prime A320MK AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 HDMI VGA M.2 USB 3.1 MicroATX Motherboard is a powerful and reliable board that provides users with the best of both worlds.
This motherboard is perfect for NAS builds, providing exceptional performance and stability.
The ASUS Prime A320MK has a robust design that will make any system running on it reliable. It is equipped with the AMD Ryzen AM4 Socket with DDR4 memory, HDMI and VGA video ports, and M.2 and USB 3.1 ports.
This lets you connect components and peripherals easily and get the most out of your system. The board also comes with ASUS’ renowned 5X Protection III, which protects your system from power, overclocking, and humidity damage.
The ASUS Prime A320MK also offers great expandability, allowing you to add extra components for an even more powerful system easily.
It features two PCIe x4 slots, one supporting the latest NVMe drives and the other for graphics cards. It also has six SATA 6Gb/s ports connecting hard and solid-state drives.
The ASUS Prime A320MK is the perfect solution for those looking for the best NAS motherboards. It offers excellent performance and stability, expansion capabilities, and a robust design to make your system reliable. This board will meet today’s demands with advanced features and great expandability.
- It supports DDR4 memory, providing high speed and stability.
- HDMI and VGA ports for easy connectivity.
- M.2 socket for quick data transfer and storage.
- USB 3.1 for speedy connection.
- Limited to AMD Ryzen AM4 processors.
- It may not be compatible with all RAM configurations.
- No WiFi or Bluetooth support.
6. MSI ProSeries A320 Motherboard
The MSI ProSeries AMD A320 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen Ryzen Compliant AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI USB 3 MicroATX Motherboard (A320MA PR) is the perfect choice for those looking to build the best NAS (Network Attached Storage) system.
This powerful motherboard supports the latest AMD Ryzen processors and includes the latest technologies, such as USB 3.0 and SATA III.
The A320MA PR features an AMD A320 chipset and supports AMD Ryzen 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen processors.
This means you can enjoy the most reliable performance and compatibility from your AMD Ryzen processor.
It also ensures you get the best value from your AMD Ryzen processor with the A320MA PR’s support for up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM. With these features, this motherboard is ideal for those looking to build a NAS system.
The A320MA PR has various connectivity options, including HDMI, DVI, and USB 3.0 ports. You can connect your NAS to your monitor or TV and enjoy your media.
Additionally, the A320MA PR has two external SATA III slots, allowing you to expand your storage and create a larger NAS system.
The MSI ProSeries AMD A320 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen Ryzen Compliant AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI USB 3 MicroATX Motherboard (A320MA PR) is the perfect choice for those looking for the best NAS motherboard.
It offers reliable performance, compatibility, and connectivity necessary for a modern NAS system. With its support for up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM, external SATA III slots, and HDMI, DVI, and USB 3.0 ports, the A320MA PR is the perfect choice for those looking to create the best NAS system.
- Supports high-speed data transfer with USB 3.0
- Compatible with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen Ryzen processors
- Supports DDR4 memory up to 32GB
- Supports up to three displays at once
- Supports up to 4K resolutionÂ
- Includes HDMI, DVI, and VGA portsÂ
- Limited PCI Express lanes for graphics cards
- No onboard WiFi or Bluetooth
7. GIGABYTEB450M DS3H V2 Motherboard
The GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 motherboard is ideal for NAS systems. It has the AMD Ryzen AM4 Socket, Micro ATX form factor, and DDR4 memory slots.
This allows ample storage and memory capacity, making it a great choice for NAS storage. It also features M.2 slots for extra storage, HMDI, and DVI ports for connecting to displays, and USB 3.1 ports for connecting peripherals.
The GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 motherboard also offers excellent cooling capability, thanks to its DualChannel DDR4 memory slots.
The motherboard also comes with an onboard 8-channel HD audio and Realtek ALC887 audio codec, ensuring your audio experience is smooth and clear.
Regarding performance and reliability, the GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 motherboard is a great choice for NAS systems.
It is designed to provide superior performance, no matter the task. Whether streaming music, editing photos and videos or playing games, this motherboard will ensure your system runs smoothly.
The GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 motherboard is also a great choice for the budget minded. It is reasonably priced, making it affordable for those looking to build their own NAS system.
Furthermore, it is backed by a 3-year warranty, giving you peace of mind that your investment is protected.
The GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 motherboard is a great option if you’re looking for the best NAS motherboards. It offers excellent performance and flexibility, with plenty of storage and memory capacity.
It is also reasonably priced, backed by a 3-year warranty, and offers excellent cooling capability. If you’re looking for the best NAS motherboard, the GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 is worth considering.
- Supports 4th and 5th Generation AMD Ryzen processors
- Compatible with DDR4 memory
- High bandwidth M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen2 connection
- Dual-channel DDR4 memory support
- HDMI and DVI video outputs
- No integrated graphics card
- Limited expansion slots are available
- Limited overclocking capabilities
6 Things to Consider before buying the Best NAS motherboards
When buying the best NAS motherboards, there are several things to consider. Finding the right device can be difficult, from budget to features.
To help you make the right decision, here are six things to consider before buying the best NAS motherboards.
1. Budget: Look at your budget before shopping for a NAS motherboard. NAS motherboards can range in price from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.
Depending on your needs and budget, you may want to invest in the best you can afford.
2. Features: When shopping for a NAS motherboard, ensure it has the necessary features. For example, some motherboards have built-in RAID support, while others may not.
Also, some NAS motherboards come with multiple ports, which makes connecting multiple storage devices easier.
3. Compatibility: Ensure your NAS motherboard is compatible with your existing hardware. This includes the operating system, storage devices, and other components. You can save time and money by ensuring everything is compatible before purchasing.
4. Support: NAS motherboards can come with different levels of support. Some come with basic customer support, while others may offer more advanced support. Make sure you choose one that fits your needs.
5. Expansion: Many NAS motherboards have multiple ports and slots to support additional hardware. If you plan on expanding, ensure your motherboard has the ports and slots you need.
6. Warranty: Last but not least, ensure the NAS motherboard you buy has a good warranty. Its important to have a reliable product, and a good warranty will ensure that your purchase is protected.
These are the six things to consider when shopping for the best NAS motherboards. Considering your budget, needs, and features, you can find the right device that meets your requirements.
With the right board, you can ensure your NAS is set up correctly and runs efficiently.
In conclusion, when looking for the best NAS motherboard for your own NAS build, you must consider your budget and the type of NAS you plan to build.
Check the motherboard’s specifications and ensure it has the necessary features for your NAS build. With the right motherboard, you can ensure your NAS build works well and is reliable for many years.