MSI motherboards have a unique way of updating the BIOS internally called Flash ROM. When this method is used, you don’t need to download any drivers or update the software on your computer.
You simply use the MSI motherboard’s flash ROM updater feature and follow the easy step-by-step instructions to complete your update.
How to update the BIOS of an MSI motherboard
Updating the BIOS on an MSI motherboard is a relatively easy process and can be done by following these steps:
- Locate the BIOS update file on your computer. This file will be located in a specific location, depending on your motherboard model.
- Download and install the necessary software to update your BIOS. For example, you will need to use the MSI Afterburner utility on many MSI motherboards to update the BIOS.
- Enter the BIOS update mode and select the appropriate file to load from your computer. Once the file has been loaded, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
Why you should update the BIOS on your computer
Updating your computer’s BIOS can help improve system performance and security. By updating the BIOS, you can update the system’s settings to improve overall performance and optimize them for your specific needs.
Additionally, you can protect yourself against potential security threats by upgrading to a newer BIOS version.
There are a few things to keep in mind before updating your BIOS:
- Make sure that you have updated the drivers for your hardware, as many of the updates required for BIOS updates are also driver-related.
- Back up your important data beforehand – while most upgrades should be safe and routine, there is always the possibility that something may go wrong. If this occurs, you will want to be able to restore your original configuration quickly and easily.
- Verify that your current BIOS version is compatible with the hardware in your computer – not all computers will support every BIOS update available from MSI or other manufacturers. Consult your computer’s documentation to see if a particular BIOS update is compatible with your model computer.
How to find the BIOS update on MSI Motherboard
When it comes to updating the BIOS on MSI motherboards, a few things need to be taken into account. First, not all MSI motherboards are compatible with the same BIOS update.
To find out which BIOS update is compatible with your specific motherboard, you must research online or contact your motherboard manufacturer. Once you have found the compatible BIOS update, you must download and install it.
Once the BIOS update has been installed, you will need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. If there are any issues during or after the BIOS update process, report them using the support system pre-installed on your motherboard.
How to update the BIOS on MSI Motherboard
If your motherboard includes a BIOS update utility, follow the on-screen instructions to update the BIOS. If you don’t have a BIOS update utility, or if you can’t find it, you can use the following steps to update the BIOS:
- Download and save the latest BIOS file to a USB drive.
- Plug in the USB drive to a computer with Internet access.
- Use the Windows “File Explorer” tool to open the USB drive and locate the BIOS file.
- Double-click on the BIOS file to load it into your computer’s BIOS Update program. (Some computers may require that you first change your computer settings to allow the loading of unsigned files.)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update your motherboard’s BIOS.
Why Update the BIOS for a new motherboard?
Updating the BIOS on your motherboard is a great way to optimize the performance and settings of your system.
Updating the BIOS ensures that your motherboard is up-to-date with the latest security patches and bug fixes.
Additionally, you can improve overall system stability and performance by updating the BIOS. When upgrading your motherboard’s BIOS, remember a few things.
First, ensuring that you have the correct edition of your motherboard’s BIOS is important. For example, if you have an MSI Z270 Motherboard, you need to update your BIOS with an MSI Z270BIOS Utility.
Second, ensure that you back up any important data before updating your BIOS. Third, be aware that updating the BIOS may cause changes to system functionality and settings.
If this bothers you, it might be best to wait until after the update has been installed before making any changes to system configurations or settings. Finally, always install the updated BIOS after completing all other updates on your computer.
Commonly used BIOS Features.
One of the most common tasks associated with BIOS updates is to upgrade the system’s firmware. This guide will walk you through upgrading your MSI motherboard’s BIOS.
- Make sure you have backup copies of all important data, including your operating system installation files and user profiles or settings.
- Before starting the BIOS update, ensure that your computer is properly connected to a power source and that all peripheral devices are functioning properly.
- Save all of your work in progress before proceeding to step 4.
- To begin updating your motherboard’s BIOS, first click on “Start” > “Settings” > “Control Panel” on your Windows PC and open up the “System” tab. In this window, locate and double-click on “BIOS.” On the “BIOS Update” screen, click the “Update Now” button to download and install the latest BIOS file onto your motherboard. Once complete, reboot your computer into normal operating mode by clicking on the “Restart Now” button on the same screen.
- Restarting your computer may take a few minutes for it to boot back into normal operating mode and apply any updated settings. During this time, please be patient as you may experience unexpected behavior, such as system shutdowns or errors while trying to access certain features or applications within Windows 8/10/7/Vista/XP. If these issues persist or appear after applying the BIOS update, please contact your computer’s manufacturer for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different BIOS update options available on MSI motherboards?
There are three main BIOS update options on MSI motherboards: 1) via the motherboard’s built-in Update Manager, 2) using an external USB storage device, and 3) downloading and installing the BIOS update from a computer.
How can I update my BIOS with the motherboard’s built-in Update Manager?
The motherboard’s built-in Update Manager allows you to update your BIOS from within the Windows operating system. To start the Update Manager, click the Start button, select Settings, and then click Motherboard. Under System Information, click About this PC. In the About This PC window, under Components, click System Updates. If an update is available for your motherboard, it will be listed in the System Updates section. Click OK to start the Update Manager.
How can I use an external USB storage device to update my BIOS?
You can use an external USB storage device to update your BIOS on MSI motherboards with a supported UHD graphics card (see below for more information). Follow these steps to install a new BIOS: 1) connect the USB storage device to your computer; 2) open a folder on the USB storage device that contains a file named biosupdate.exe or biosupdate64.exe (depending on which type of BIOS update you are installing); 3) double-click biosupdate.exe or biosupdate64.exe to launch the
If you’re looking to update the BIOS on your MSI motherboard, it’s important to know the correct steps. This guide has shown you how to do just that and ensure that your system runs optimally while you’re doing so. Always follow these instructions carefully, and remember that updating your BIOS can be risky — only proceed if you are comfortable with the risks involved!